Stewards of Children Training and Circle of Security Parenting
Training in Greenville, NC
All public trainings are virtual, unless otherwise noted
TEDI BEAR offers Stewards of Children training in cooperation with other organizations that care about kids. To learn more about Stewards of Children, download these Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
The virtual training sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
Click on the date to register for the training.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023, Registration
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023, Registration
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024, Registration
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024, Registration
- Friday, March 15, 2024, Registration
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024, Registration
- Tuesday, April 16, 2024, Registration
- Thursday, May 9, 2024, Registration
- Tuesday, June 11, 2024, Registration
Circle of Security Parenting Series
Looking for a parenting class that bridges the trauma informed gap to address parent education and support positive early relational health in babies and children? TEDI BEAR, Children’s Advocacy Center is now offering Circle of Security Parenting to meet that need.
Cost: There is no cost for this class
Who should attend? We have two different class pathways-
New, veteran, caregiver, parents and/or foster parents and educators wanting to strengthen their relationship with their child or children they work with; while working together to manage behavior through developing attachment and using reflection to meet your child’s needs. This class is a good introduction to parenting, prior to attending strategies-based classes.
The attachment information provided through discussion and reflection provides professional and educational implications for managers, case workers or educators working with families, parents and children- regarding understanding relational interactions with those that we work with/client perspectives and understanding of how behavior in children and adults signal a need that needs to be met, rather than an intentional negative behavior. The information in this class alters the lens in which we view those we interact with and how we may respond.
All are welcome to attend; or inquire as to how to set up professional classes.
See Schedule and Register for Circle for Security Parenting.
OR Email Bonnie Jean Kuras at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class CAP at 6, registrations are based on first come, first registered
Training for Organizations
Stewards of Children can also be offered at organizations throughout eastern North Carolina. The training is free, and can be provided on any day or evening of the week. It can be offered in either one session or two one-hour sessions, and is approved for several types of continuing education credit.
Stewards of Children is especially appropriate for organizations such as:
- Elementary and middle school teachers and staff (PDF)
- Child care centers and early education programs (PDF)
- Mental health, developmental disability, and substance abuse agencies (PDF)
- Other healthcare providers (PDF)
- Departments of Social Services and related organizations (PDF)
- Police departments, sheriff’s offices, and other law enforcement agencies (PDF)
- Court systems, guardians ad litem, and related programs (PDF)
- Churches and faith-based youth organizations (PDF)
The Circle of Security Parenting™ program
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might
feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security
Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be
supported and strengthened.
Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read the emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Honor your innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure